When there's nothing more a place can offer you, it's time to go. And once you're gone, Sabiá eats the crumbs you left behind. There's no coming back.
I know this is not my place and the time to leave is approaching. And when the time comes I want to put my backpack on (and drag the 3 huge suitcases of paraphernalia that my Capitalist spirit got me) and leave with the certainty that I've accomplished my mission and corrected my mistakes, that I've finished what was left unfinished, and go to another land or to the old land, to wherever life wants to take me.
Maybe I just don't have a place to call mine, to call home. But I know that someday I'll have to go back, find the path long lost. Even if it's only to say "Goodbye" and hit the road again.
Quando já não há mais o que colher, é hora de ir. E uma vez que se vai, sabiá come as migalhas do caminho de volta. Não há volta.
Sei que aqui não é meu lugar e chegará a hora de ir embora. E quando a hora chegar quero botar minha mochila nas costas (e puxar as três malas de cacaria que o Capitalismo me proporcionou) e ir embora com a certeza do dever cumprido e do erro consertado, dos remendos feitos, pra outra terra ou terra velha, pra onde quiserem me levar.
Talvez lugar nenhum seja meu lugar. E um dia terei que voltar, achar o caminho que se perdeu, nem que seja pra dizer adeus e voltar à estrada.
Originally posted on: JUNE 7, 2009

No comments:
Post a Comment